Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

DIY Ripped Knees

We all have those jeans that we've had forever but are well on their way to jean heaven (or not maybe I'm just a hoarder). Mine are coming un-hemmed and ripped at the pocket, so I'm bringing them up to date before they finish their jean life. Topshop have released the ripped knee skinny jeans that everyone is lusting over so I thought I'd show you how to DIY them. 
All you need is some jeans, pins or chalk, a cheese grater and scissors. 
Just mark on your jeans where your knees sit in the jeans either with a pin or chalk. 


Then just cut on this mark horizontally with your scissors. 

To stop the cut being a blunt edge rub your grater along the cut line. This will create a more raw, distressed edge for that worn in trend. And that's it, a five minute job to update your jeans for this year. 



Shoes, Bag & Tee - Primark
Bra - ASOS

I kept the outfit fairly simple but the layering of the criss cross bra under the semi sheer tee adds some cool detailing. There is also the ripped knee detailing and I just wanted a fairly plain versatile outfit to show you guys how to style your ripped knee jeans. Enjoy and please show me any DIY attempts on my instagram at @stepintomycloset7 or my twitter at @Stepinmycloset.




5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is a fantastic post! I love DIY posts and this is amazing. I'll try it out sometime, maybe on some old jeans. Your photos look great by the way, you look lovely, love the outfit!

    http://www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should as it is super quick and easy!
      Thanks lovely x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! They look fab!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow good job! looks fantastic!

    xx
    isa | http://stoerensexy.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete